Qualifying criteria and cut-off (%) for CBSE NET (formally UGC NET) exam shall be decided by CBSE. The CBSE NET Cut Off percentage shall vary for each subject and for JRF, and Assistant Professor. The basic qualifying marks in order to have a place in merit list are given below.
|Paper and Cut Off marks||General||OBC-NCL / PWD / SC / ST|
|Paper I||40 (40%)||35 (35%)|
|Paper II||40 (40%)||35 (35%)|
|Paper III||75 (50%)||60 (40%)|
Candidate must obtain following minimum marks NET to be considered for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor, separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below.
- Out of those candidates who have cleared the above-mentioned qualifying marks, a merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
- Top 15% candidates for each subject and category, from the merit list will be declared NET qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
- A separate merit list for the award of JRF will be prepared from out of the NET qualified candidates figuring in the merit list prepared.
To check cut offs of CBSE NET exams held previously, UGC NET cut offs are given below.
CBSE / UGC NET Cut Off
- CBSE NET Jan 2018 Cut off
- CBSE NET July-Aug 2016 Cut Off
- CBSE NET December 2015 Cut Off
- CBSE NET June 2015 Cut Off
- UGC NET December 2014 Cut Off
- UGC NET June 2014 Cut Off
- UGC NET December 2013 Cut Off