UPSC Cut Off Marks are released after declaration of the result. The Cut Off of the Entrance Exam of UPSC are released on the official exam portal. UPSC CutOff will is the minimum score on which the candidate is shortlist for a particular stage of the exam. The final Cut Off of UPSC Exams is be released (for all stages) once the results are out for that exam. If the marks obtained by an exam taker are more than or equal to the UPSC Cutoff scores, then he or she will be termed as the exam qualified candidate and shall be eligible for the next rounds.
UPSC Cut Off Marks
UPSC Cut Off Marks for various Exams are given below. Please note that these are only official cut offs published by UPSC.
- CISFACs (Executive) LDC Examination
- Indian Forest Service Examination
- CDS Examination
- IES /ISS Examination
- Engineering Services Examination
- Geologists’ Examination
- Combined Medical Examination
- NDA & NA Examination
- Civil Services Examination
- CAPF (ACs) Examination
The generation of the Exam Cutoff of UPSC will be done on the basis of some parameters. The release of cutoff is a highly analytical task and takes quite an effort. As the UPSC Cutoff Scores will be used to shortlist the candidates for the next step, it needs to be very precise and perfect score for the candidates’ removal.
A few of the generation parameters on which the cutoff will depend on are as follows:
- Number of Candidates
- Number of candidates to be selected
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Previous Year Cutoff of UPSC Exam
- Number of final vacancies
UPSC Cut Off –Official vs Unofficial
The cutoff will be released officially as well as unofficially. The official Cutoff of UPSC will be released on the official exam website only after declaration of the result. Therefore, the candidates don’t have any data for the immediate estimation of the marks. This is how the unofficial cutoff will gain the significance.
The UPSC Expected Cutoff or the Unofficial UPSC Exam Cutoff will be released within 1 or 2 days of the exam conduction. Therefore, the candidates will find it extremely beneficial for the immediate analysis of the exam performance. The unofficial cutoff will be released by the various coaching classes and the UPSC Experts on the basis of a few parameters.
UPSC Cut Off – Related Terms
UPSC Cut Off Score or Marks: The minimum marks specified by the exam authorities for the exam qualification. Owing to the reservation norms of the Indian Government, the cutoff scores will be established differently for the candidates of different categories.
UPSC Cut Off Ranks: As the candidates who have qualified the exam will be arranged in a merit list, the ranks which will be the last ones to enter the merit list (of each category) will be termed as the UPSC Cutoff Ranks.
UPSC Expected Cut Off: The cutoff which will be released unofficially just after the exam and will be released just for the estimation of the admissions odds will be called as the Expected Cutoff of UPSC. This cutoff will NOT be used for the admissions.
UPSC Official Cut Off: The cutoff which will be used for the final and actual shortlisting of the candidates and will be released by the official exam bodies will be called as the official cutoff.
This Cutoff of UPSC will affect the final selection of the candidates.
Significance of UPSC Cut Off
- UPSC Cutoff will be a very significant release related to the exam. The candidates can utilize the cutoff in a very good manner.
- But, at first, the question arises that how would they utilize it? The candidates need to first evaluate the estimated exam score with the help of the answer key. This score can be then compared with the UPSC Exam Cutoff (Expected).
- By this comparison, they will get to know whether they will be able to qualify the exam or not. Further, they can compare the marks with the cutoffs for various postings under the exam (for the previous years) and can formulate an intelligent guess of getting selected for ONE.
Thus, the UPSC Cutoff will be a significant exam release.